Moscow dominates Russian football. The last years Spartak, CSKA and Lokomotiv battle for the Championship. Only Zenith from St. Petersburg is able to take on the Moscow dominance. The rivalry between the clubs is fought both on the pitch as on the stands. Expect major choreos and loud passion. The Russian love for football expresses itself in football passion.
As the vibrant capital of Russia, Moscow overflows with history, art and culture. This is a fast-changing, modern metropolis of 12 million, but through its historic buildings, museums and monuments, Moscow is a city that also embraces its past. The size and scope of Soviet-style architecture and infrastructure is unmistakably Russian. This is the heart of Russia and they are proud of it. Combine the versatility of the city with the extensive football culture and you will have the time of your life.
Battle for the city
The oldest rivalry is the one between Spartak and Dinamo. But Dinamo has struggled for years. They are slowly getting back up again. In the mean time both Spartak and CSKA developed a successful history which resulted in a fierce rivalry between the two. This rivalry even goes cross border. The derby days are something else, full of action the entire 90 minutes. For the last decades Lokomotiv Moscow has joined the top as well winning the cup in 2017 and the Championship in 2018. This makes Moscow one of the most dynamic cities when it comes to football, a walhalla for the enthusiasts.
Your travel details
The 5-day trip includes:
- You will stay in a 4 star hotel in the center of Moscow
- In case of a one person booking a surcharge of € 100,- applies
- Match day: visiting the Moscow Derby
- Discover metropole Moscow with all her beauty and versatility, including several iconic landmarks
- Begeleiding door één van onze Away Days specialisten
- Stadium tour
- Tasting the Russian kitchen
- Discover the nightlife of Moscow
- Attention: visiting Russia requires a visum. This visum costs at least € 75,- per person. Away Days Football Travel can help you with applying for a visum
The clash between CSKA and Spartak has become the biggest football rivalry in Russia. These clubs battle for the Championship, which make the derby days a guarantee for a lot of spectacle.
You should have visited Moscow at least once in your life. The Capital of Russia is a metropolis with so much to offer. You will be amazed day after day..
Despite the size of Moscow you are able to find typical Russian culture. For example, visit one of the characteristic markets and taste the local cuisine.